What are "harsh or severe use environments"?
They are those conditions in which the environment or the application contributes to premature bearing failure. This may be due to:
- High or low temperatures
- Aggressive chemicals
- Intermittent operation
- Shock or vibration
- Solid contaminants
- Incomplete rotation
- Location difficult to access for maintenance
In many of these conditions, bearing failure is due to lubricant failure. A change to EDT bearings in the proper application will avoid frustrations and improve productivity. EDT offers a wide range of plain bearings that operate with:
- Zero fat
- No pollution
- Predictive operation
- Much lower overall investment
For more than 35 years, EDT Corp has been the leader in sanitary bearings. Many of these EDT bearings are USDA approved, meeting NSF / ANSI / 3-A 14159-1-2010 for hygienic requirements for designing process equipment for meat and poultry products.
Consider EDT products:
- If you have to change bearings more than once a year.
- If you need to grease the bearings at least once a week.
- If washing chemicals cause premature bearing failure
- If food safety is an issue, especially in plants where USDA or HACCP / HARPC programs are met